I think we can agree that the term "genius" is open to interpretation here, but this is fun, and I am grateful to Kelly. Kelly does fabulous work on her blog, You and Your Big Dreams. Please check out the fabulous card she posted today, and if you have a moment, tell her how great it is. Now I want to CASE Kelly!
My first attempt at drawing and watercoloring. It started when I decided that I "must" have a pineapple stamp and found a few that I loved and then decided to try a few designs on my own. Think I may need to buy that pineapple stamp!
- Canson Watercolor Paper (any watercolor paper should be fine).
- Peerless watercolors
- paint brush
- paper towels
- Big Shot (any die cut will work)
- Black Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker
1. Cut paper and score to make A2 card.
2. Run folded card through Big Shot. Be careful to use plates that are not scratched because the scratches will transfer to the paper.
3. Draw fruit with pencil, but do a better job than I.
4. Paint, but do a better job!! I found samples on pinterest to inspire. Just search for watercolored fruit. There are thousands!
5. Add watermelon seeds with Black marker.
6. Painted the black marker on a block, picked up with a wet paint brush and flicked on cards to add a few splatters.
7. Just be happy that you tried. I can find all sorts of reasons to criticize these, but I've always wanted to do this and I'm happy I tried. I'll practice and show you more as I, hopefully, improve.
MOOD WHEN DONE = Satisfied
Fed Up Challenge: It's going great. I didn't post an update yesterday because I've run out of things to say. I'll post a final update later this week, when the 10 day challenge is over.