Today I am sharing a fun way to color cards, while keeping the design simple. This design works best with open images used to make a casual card.
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Sweet Fruits and Avery Elle Bonjour
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Sending Happy Thoughts
Watercolor paper, cut and scored to make A2 card
Images (open images work best) and sentiment
Ranger Archival Black Ink (or other waterproof ink -- Memories Dye Black will work)
Watercolors (I used Tombow markers)
Die cut machine (to flatten card)
1. Cut watercolor paper to 8.5" x 4.25". Score and fold in center.
2. Place folded card in die cut machine, run through to flatten.
3. Stamp sentiment first. See the fruit card? The original sentiment I used was tiny and looked odd. I used a larger sentiment and stamped on black cardstock for contrast.
4. Stamp images in a random fashion surrounding the sentiment.
5. Wash some watercolor paints over image. Staying in lines discouraged!
6. Add bling, etc. as desired.
7. Once dry, run folded card through die cut machine again to re-flatten.
MOOD WHEN DONE: Happy!