NOTE: While I love all comments on this post, I want to make sure you understand that the Hero Arts giveaway is on THIS OTHER post. Thanks!
I've lived in or near Washington DC most of my life, and I swear it's getting wackier and wackier around here. Our subway system is in a meltdown and then politics!
So, when I saw this Hero Arts Destination Washington DC stamp, I knew I wanted it. (This stamp is part of the Hero Arts 2016 Summer Catalogue and will be available directly from Hero Arts starting on Wednesday, May 11th. It has been available through other retailers since March.)
Regardless of the wackiness that is DC, if you've never been to DC and have a chance to do so, I encourage you to visit and take advantage of all the free things to see and do. It is a fantastic place to see history plus there are a ton of fun things to do, particularly for kids. Warning, summers are hot and sticky, but there is so much to be proud of and just plain enjoy. Ok, tourism pitch over!
- Colored the stamp with Tombow markers, misted just a tiny bit, and stamped on watercolor paper. Too much water would have washed out the details. Went with a blue/red/purple scheme to cover all of the political spectrum....
- Carefully painted the stamped image with plain water -- just enough to give a slightly watery look.
- Decided not to watercolor a background around the image because the chances I'd screw it up were approximately 100%.
- Added a few crystal Stickles.
- Popped up the watercolor panel on foam tape.
- The background is Hero Arts Confetti Bold Prints, stamped in Versamark on a deconstructed Paper Source envelope. Used the same stamp to decorate the envelope liner (Versamark on typing paper).