Sometimes I try and sound professional on this blog but I can't pull it off for long.
Blog Version of Making This Card:
A Five Minute Card!!
1. Blended inks over Hero Arts Delicate Petals Stencil.
2. Blended same inks over scrap paper and stamped sentiment from Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages.
3. Die cut sentiment.
4. Adhered over messy gold thread nests and
5. Added some clear drops.
So easy!!! I love stamping!
Real Version of Making This Card:
Three days ago I started to make a card. All I wanted was a decent looking card to send to someone who recently had surgery.
1. Stamp and mask hydrangeas. Should be ok, but every sentiment I tried looks too busy against the flowers.
2. Paint stripes on top of card. Such a cool idea, except it looked awful. (Mike: "Is that some experiment?") I wonder if I should take art lessons.
3. Die cut balloon animals in different colors. Colors were terrible together and the whole concept not related to purpose of card.
4. Stamp rose stem flower using Distress Stains. Not bad and could send to my friend, except it was identical to another card I blogged about, and therefore, made no sense to blog about it again. I mean, is there any point in making a card if it isn't going on the blog?
5. How about stamping a background and adding a sentiment in vellum? Apparently not.
6. This shouldn't be this hard. Remember the Hero Arts Delicate Petals stencil, which I found immediately because it was in a file folder marked "stencils". Excellent omen. Let's try using it. Blend ink over the stencil. Shockingly, looks good the first time.
7. Add sentiment stamped on vellum because I refuse to give up the vellum idea, and die cut with oval die. No.
8. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock and die cut with circle die. No.
9. Blend inks on scrap cardstock and stamped in black. Ok. Except for weird black thing hanging from the "h".
10. Stamp again and sentiment now clear. Die cut again with circle die.
11. Place on card. Have lost ability to judge, but it appears to need something. NO -- NOT THE DREADED THREAD NEST. It always a disaster when I try and be trendy, but I've run out of ideas. Try it with yellow thread. No. Try it with gold thread. I DON'T CARE ANYMORE. Just glue the d*** thing on the card.
12. Adhere clear drops because other people do and it seems to need something. Decide to sell all supplies and take up crochet. Except I can't crochet.
13. Just get it in the mail.
MOOD WHEN DONE -- Hey, it's a hobby!!