Pumped to report that I am the Muse Guest Designer this week! You can check out the challenge (to post a card inspired by mine) here. I cannot wait to see what folks make!
And here is my card:
Come on, it's cake people!! So many ways to go here for the challenge -- colors, embossing in gold, cake, watercolors, candles, vellum, hearts!
Supplies Needed (easy to substitute with whatever you have):
- Watercolor paper
- Paper towels
- Tombow marker
- Paint brush
- Stamps Essential by Ellen Wish Big and sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Inside Out
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Post it notes (to mask the cake)
- Embossing Buddy
- Vellum paper with gold hearts from Stampin Up
- Cream A2 card
1. Cut watercolor paper.
2. Rub embossing buddy over paper, stamp candles with Versamark and emboss in gold.
3. Stamp candles on post it note or masking paper and cut.
4. Mask candles, stamp cake in Versmark and emboss in gold.
5. Make small line with Tombow marker on bottom of each layer and on the top, and paint a bit of water to lift up color. Not too much water!
6. Stamp sentiment in Versamark and emboss in gold and hope it is centered and straight.
7. Trim vellum paper.
8. Adhere center of papers to each other, leaving a 1 inch perimeter without adhesive. This gives a softer, looser, look.
9. Sit back and be happy. Clean up the mess, address the card, and mail it!
MOOD WHEN DONE = aMUSEd