The Muse Challenge this week is this lovely card by the so talented Marion Vagg:
I love how peaceful it is. So how did I go from 3 dogs to 2 flowers?
Well, I was inspired by the inlaid die cuts on a centered panel with a neutral background. I realize it is a stretch, but challenges are always a stretch for me. I see someone else's card, or a mood board, and freeze. But I'm trying to participate in more of them, as I'm convinced it is a good way to develop.
- Dies -- I used Penny Black Glamerous (sic) and Sizzix tag die
- Die cut machine
- Watercolor paper
- Tombow Markers or other way to color the die cuts
- Paper towel
- Paint brush
- Wood grain paper
- White card stock, cut into a top fold A2 card and a separate piece to adhere to the watercolor paper
- Washi tape or patterned paper for a bottom edge
- Adhesive and dimensionals
- Stamp for sentiment. I used Simon Says Stamp Sending Happy Thoughts
- Black ink (Ranger Archival Black)
- Die cut watercolor paper (this will flatten the paper)
- Color the flowers and let dry. I used Tombow markers.
- Color stems and leaves. Let dry. Cookie time!
- Trim watercolor paper and die cut. Save the pieces that go between the stems.
- Adhere watercolor paper to a piece of white cardstock and trim if needed.
- Adhere flowers to open spaces in watercolor paper.
- Add washi tape or patterned paper to bottom of panel.
- Watercolor paper for tag. Let dry.
- Stamp sentiment and die cut tag.
- Adhere tag by wrapping twine around panel.
- Trim wood grain cardstock to A2 size and adhere to white A2 card.
- Adhere panel with dimensionals to card.
- You are not done. Before you leave, clean up the mess you just made.
MOOD WHEN DONE = Serene