And here's what I made (don't you think we need to up the happiness right about now?):
This linen cardstock works beautifully for this type of card because you can see the texture through the gouache and it easily holds up for a one layer card. No warping at all.
See what I mean?
Very easy to make. And unlike, most efforts, this came out exactly as I imagined first try. Truth!!!
- Select a big bold sentiment, such as this one from Up the Happy from Essentials by Ellen.
- Make an A2 card from white linen cardstock.
- Paint yellow gouache (I used Primary Yellow by Winsor & Newton) as shown with a dry brush so that it is a bit bigger than the sentiment.
- Let dry. This dried by the time I finished washing out the paint brush.
- Stamp sentiment. I used Versafine Onyx.
- Color insides of letters with Tombow markers.
- Needs something. Added a bit of this Little B washi tape.
MOOD WHEN DONE = Ob$essed with gouache. Thanks, Lisa!