Christmas? Why yes, I think so. I so love this ornament set (linked below) by Waltzingmouse. It is one of my all time favorite sets and you'll be seeing way more of it this year.
Inspired by this card in the Muse: Christmas Visions challenge blog. Isn't that a fun card?
My card has a very different feel than the challenge card, but I used the green, blue, and red color combination -- something I wouldn't have thought of without the challenge. So thank you Chriss Blagrave for the inspiration.
And because Christmas is the perfect time to go all gold and glittery, there is a healthy dose of clear Wink of Stella on the ornaments and a bunch of gold paint flecked on the background and painted on parts of the ornaments.
WANT TO MAKE THIS CARD?
- Waltzingmouse 2011 Holiday Ornaments
- Simon Says Stamp Peace on Earth (sentiment)
- Ranger Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, and Frayed Burlap)
- Ranger Black Archival Ink
- Watercolor paper, paint brush, water
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor paints (black and gold)
- Gold thread (pulled off the edge of this paper ribbon)
- Ranger Multi Medium, Matte
- Paper Trimmer
- Scor Pal
- Big Shot (to flatten watercolor paper and the card)
- Cream cardstock cut and scored to an A2 card
- Masking Paper
1. Trim watercolor paper to 5.25" x 4".
2. Run through Big Shot to flatten.
3. Stamp ornament onto masking paper twice and cut out by hand.
4. Stamp ornament as shown onto watercolor paper with Peeled Paint. Color with wet paint brush, adding more Peeled Paint and a bit of Frayed Burlap to darken the bottom.
5. Let dry. Seriously, walk away and find whatever is missing from your craft room.
6. Mask green ornament and stamp second ornament with Fired Brick. Repeat #4 (using Fired Brick and Frayed Burlap) and #5. There's probably a pile of stuff to put away. It will only take a few minutes to dry.
7. Mask both ornanments and stamp 3rd ornament with Faded Jeans. Repeat the paint/let dry/clean up routine.
8. Dab gold paint on the top of ornament and add a little to the bottom and sides of ornaments.
9. Mask/cover ornaments and flick wet black paint and wet gold paint to create trendy speckled background. Think you are a genius.
10. Realize you are copying hundreds of geniuses and revert to feelings of inferiority.
11. LET DRY. Clean up that pile of scraps!
12. Stamp sentiment and pray you don't mess up a couple of hours of work.
13. Sigh with relief.
14. Strip gold from paper ribbon, cut, tie and adhere 3 bows.
15. Make A2 card, score, and run through Big Shot folded to flatten.
16. Adhere panel with dimensionals to A2 card.
17. Show to well trained husband, who obligingly approves.
MOOD WHEN DONE = Peaceful